This resume is a custom app I've put together. You can download the resume in different formats, and it derives from the same dataset.
My background is in IT, with a concentration in web development. I am lucky to be a field that has inherently allowed me to learn about many other fields.
CEO / CFO / CIO / CTO / COO / CXO / CIO / ETC
2016 - Current
Remote | Richmond VA, Charlottesville VA
Freelance projects include:
- A Goff Limousine & Bus Company — AGoffLimo.com and additional network sites — We have completely overhauled the web marketing infrastructure for A Goff. Includes a custom-made reservation widget that can be added to various A Goff network sites. The widget has steady conversations.
- The Channel of Blessing — TheChannelOfBlessing.com — Updates to existing Wordpress site — Photo editing, donation form fix, contact info update.
- Swept Away RVA — SweptAway-RVA.com — Custom photography and logo design provided to client for use on website / Facebook.
Remote | Richmond VA
- Joined the team again, not active now but available for emergencies or inquiries. Projects I've worked on at Ameronix include MCLA.us, FashionWindowTreatments.com, Netrition.com, Ameronix.com, BuildABasket.com, AceCapital.com, HushMoonshine.com, GiftBasketExperts.com, USA-SSC.com, PlantationPeanuts.com, and many more.
2014 - 2016
- Magento and Wordpress projects — server setup, installation, module development, and coding themes from designs or modifying themes.
- Drupal project maintenance.
- Extensive work with the Laravel framework.
- Extensive work with the Zurb Foundation CSS library, as well as the Twitter Bootstrap library and custom CSS.
- Extensive use of NPM as part of moving towards a one-step build process.
Carahsoft Technology Corp./GovEvents, LLC
2011 - 2013
Remote | Washington DC
- Created primary project GovEvents.com under previous employer, running for 4 years with over 20,000 members.
- Secondary project (internal) created using CodeIgniter and custom module extensions of the framework. I was pleased to find out that once the next programmer realized how the secondary project works, he enjoyed working with it.
- Discovered core bug and implemented a fix that was integrated into CodeIgniter open source project on GitHub.
2009 - 2011
Virginia Beach VA
- Implemented a C++ facial recognition module using Luxand libraries, integrated into a PHP site.
- Minimal but helpful maintenance of ASP.NET (C#) websites, extensive maintenance of classic ASP websites.
- Client contact via email, phone, and meetings.
Web Support Person
Old Dominion University
2006 - 2009
- Daily updates of the Old Dominion University website per the requests of university employees via trouble ticketing system.
- Revamped "ODUEdit," the university's internal content management system, in an effort to make it more standards-compliant (regarding government accessibility standards as well as evolving development standards).
- Played a key role in moving the university's web templates to be CSS-based.
- ODU Distance Learning website: Designed the database structure (and learned from critical design decision), imported existing program data, created an extensive administration interface. Worked with XML document flow and XSL transformations.
Freelance Web Developer
2003 - 2006
Remote | Norfolk VA, Farmville VA
Freelance projects include:
- Azalea Baptist Church, Norfolk, VA — Created Wordpress site
- aFree Network, Inc. — An online-only network of sites. Worked on robowarsgame.com and various other network sites.
- George J. Kartis, Photographer, Norfolk, VA — Custom frontend-centric website using his graphic design style, video processing and embedding
Farmville Wholesale Electric Supply Company
1999 - 2006
Created company website in 1999, redesigned in 2004 with custom CMS. The redesigned site was used mostly as-developed for 10 years. Learned about how not to make a normalized database. It worked well, and is easy to reference from a GUI, but it should generally not be good MySQL practice to create and delete columns to store attributes.
Kinex Networking Solutions
- Reorganized, restructured, updated, and maintained the company website, Kinex.net - site powered by Plone CMS on top of the Zope application server.
- Wrote step-by-step tutorials for the customer support section of the site.
- Worked on side projects, one of which incorporated a clean, fully CSS-based layout at a time when most layouts were based entirely on HTML tables.
High Bridge Design Group
2003 - 2005
- Specialized in PHP/MySQL programming, HTML coding, and CSS design.
- Created batch scripts which automated various tasks (particularly stats generation). We were still able to bill for value-added benefits, and devote more time to other tasks.
- Discovered new software and features of existing software which increased effectiveness and efficiency of everyday work for the shop.
- Managed the office in the absence of supervisor, taking phone calls and tending to walk-in clients.
Honors & Awards
- Information Systems and Project Professionals Computer Challenge Old Dominion University - 1st place winner, C++ Challenge
- 2013 RVA Hackathon July 2013 - 1st place winning team. Project utilized MeteorJS (written in Node.js) http://2013.rvahackathon.com/#winners
- StackExchange Network May 2015 - Received notification on StackExchange.com that I am officially trusted on the following SE network sites, along with reputation points on each network:
- Database Administrators
- WordPress Development
- Information Security
- Unix & Linux
- Android Enthusiasts
- Ask Ubuntu
- Super User
- Server Fault
- Stack Overflow